- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 2
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1 dash extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 400g can organic peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Mixed italian herbs
- 1 400g can organic cannellini beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a dash of olive oil into a small pot on low heat and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic sizzles a bit and you can start to smell it's lovely aroma.
- Add the can of tomatoes along with the balsamic vinegar, honey and herbs (if you prefer to use fresh herbs such as parsley, oregano or basil, wait until just before serving and add to the sauce). Heat until the tomatoes are bubbling then reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the cannellini beans into a colander and rinse thoroughly with filtered water. Add the beans to the tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the fresh herbs if using. Continue to simmer until the beans are heated through.
- Serve in any of the ways you usually serve baked beans. I like mine on fresh baked wholegrain sourdough bread with a poached egg on top - yum!