- Prep Time: 10h
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 7h
- Serves: 10
- Yield: 10 balls
- 1 cup Walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup Pitted dates
- 5 tablespoons Cacoa
- 4 tablespoons Shredded coconut plus extra for coating
- 1 tablespoon Honey - only if absolutely necessary!
- Place walnuts in a high speed blender and whizz until they have a crumb like consistency.
- Add dates, and whizz again until you have a sticky crumb.
- Add coconut and cacao and whizz again until well blended and mixture comes together when formed into a ball.
- If the mixture is a little dry (I find this happens if the dates are a little bit mature), add a little honey at a time until the mixture sticks together.
- Form into small balls and roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or eat straight away!