Nuts are bite-size nutritional powerhouses, that are packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals. Nuts are also a good source of dietary fibre. Consuming a palmful of raw nuts every day as a snack or thrown into salads etc is a great way to add nutrients to your diet. If you fancy an even nicer treat, here is a great way to jazz up the raw nuts with seeds, rosemary, honey, spices and seasoning.
Rosemary Spiced Nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- Preheat oven to 170C or gas mark 3.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Place on a roasting tray and place in oven for 15-17 minutes. Stir occasionally until nuts turn dark to golden brown.
- Leave on the tray to cool, stirring occasionally.
- When cool, transfer to an air-tight container.